If you’re seeking soul-stirring underwater adventures, consider checking out reputable diving centers like Blue Corals Dive India and DIVE India.
Of course, ScubaTopDive is another stellar alternative.
With attractive packages costing approximately ₹6,000 per person, we make the underwater world approachable and affordable.
And guess what?
You save a neat ₹1,050 if you secure your spot via an online booking.
Optimal Time to Experience Neil Island
Planning your trip between October to February lets you enjoy Neil Island at its very best.
This time of year, the island basks under moderate weather conditions, with temperatures oscillating between a pleasant 20°C and a warm 30°C.
Sunny days followed by cool, breezy evenings make for a comfortable stay. Plus, it’s an optimal window to embark on a delightful cruise in the Bay of Bengal.
Ferries and cruises connecting Port Blair and Havelock Island operate efficiently during these months.
Top Attractions You’ll Love in Neil Island
Neil Island bursts with memorable tourist hotspots, of which some truly stand out:
- Laxmanpur Beach: Famous for its picture-perfect sunsets and thriving coral reefs. What’s more, you can engage in exhilarating activities like snorkeling and swimming.
- Bharatpur Beach: Pristine waters coupled with white sandy shores make this beach stand out. Additionally, you can opt for fun-filled swimming, snorkeling, or enjoy unique glass-bottom boat rides.
- Howrah Bridge: A fascinating rock formation, known for its peculiar shape and the sweeping views it grants.
- Sitapur Beach: A spot of tranquility, replete with scenic vistas making it an ideal location for some downtime.
- Neil Island Jetty: It boasts being one of the most extensive in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The spectacular sea views it offers make a leisurely stroll worthwhile.
Traveling from Havelock Island to Neil Island
The journey from Havelock Island to Neil Island, about 59.5 kilometers, is comfortably traversed by ferry.
Numerous ferries, both public and private, provide daily services linking the two islands.
The voyage generally spans 60 to 90 minutes, contingent on the ferry you select.
Some notable private operators include:
- Green Ocean Seaways
- ITT Majestic
Ferry tickets can be reserved online via sites like Go2andaman. It’s prudent to book in advance to preclude any untimely surprises.
Distance between Port Blair and Neil Island
The sea route separating Port Blair and Neil Island is approximately 37 kilometers.
The primary mode of transport between the two locations is by ferry, taking about 90-120 minutes, contingent on the ferry type.
Stellar Accommodations in Neil Island
Here are a few of Neil Island’s best-rated hotels:
- Blue Lagoon Resort: A seaside retreat proving popular, as reflected by its 9.1/10 score on Booking.com.
- Neha Palace Hotel: This beach-adjacent gem has earned an impressive 8/10 on TripAdvisor.
- SeaShell, Neil: This luxury hotel, flaunting a rating of 4.5/5 on TripAdvisor, ensures a memorable stay.
You can explore more lodging options across platforms like Thrillophilia and TripAdvisor.
Accommodation Costs in Neil Island
Hotel rates in Neil Island vary according to the time of year and booking volume.
For the most recent prices, your best bet is to check websites such as TripAdvisor and Agoda.
Navigating through Neil Island
Based on advice from the travel blog, Wayward Wayfarer, the solitary local bus isn’t your only option to explore Neil Island.
Renting a bicycle or scooter is highly recommended for sightseeing at your own pace.
You can secure a bicycle for around ₹100-₹150 per day and a scooter for something in the region of ₹500-₹800 per day.
Alternatively, you could hail an autorickshaw at almost any part of the island. Of course, you can always choose to travel on foot, soaking up every detail this paradise offers.
- Neil Island is a paradise for underwater adventures, pristine beaches, and breathtaking vistas. 🏝️
- Scuba diving opportunities and attractions are abundant on Neil Island. 🤿
- Neil Island offers unforgettable experiences for visitors. ✨
- Laxmanpur Beach is a popular spot to admire the sunset. 🌅
- Howrah Bridge is an enigmatic attraction to explore on Neil Island. 🌉
- Recommended accommodations on Neil Island include Blue Lagoon Resort and Neha Palace Hotel. 🏨
- Neil Island is a tropical haven that welcomes visitors with open arms. 🌴
I hope this article will help you to plan your travel to Niel Island