Are You looking for the best beaches in Andaman for Scuba Diving?
For scuba diving enthusiasts, the Andaman and Nicobar Islands provide an exceptional destination to indulge in this exhilarating underwater activity.
Among these islands, Havelock Island stands out as a popular choice, offering mesmerizing beaches and fantastic scuba diving opportunities.
In this article, we will explore the best beaches on Havelock Island for scuba diving and delve into other thrilling water activities that the Andaman Islands have to offer.
Best Beaches for Scuba Diving on Havelock Island
- Vijayanagar Beach (Beach No. 5)
- Govind Nagar Beach (Beach No. 2)
These picturesque beaches host renowned dive centers such as Blue Corals Dive India and Gypsy Divers Dive Resort, which offer scuba diving courses suitable for divers of all skill levels.
Dive into the azure waters and explore the vibrant underwater world of the Andaman Islands.
Scuba Diving Costs in Havelock Island
Cost of Scuba Diving in Havelock Island
If you’re wondering about the cost of scuba diving in Havelock Island, it usually ranges from INR 2,000 to INR 5,000 for a dive session lasting between 30 to 45 minutes.
The exact cost may vary depending on the duration of the session and the chosen dive center.
Consider these popular dive centers when planning your scuba diving adventure on Havelock Island:
Popular Dive Centers in Havelock Island
- ScubaTopDive: Offering a comprehensive range of courses, from Open Water Diver to Rescue Diver and Specialties, DIVE India caters to divers of different experience levels.
They also provide fun dives for those seeking an unforgettable underwater experience.
- TheDiveMaster: As the first PADI 5 Star Instructor Development (IDC) dive center in the Andamans, Barefoot Scuba boasts a team of highly experienced instructors, including a full-time PADI Course Director.
Whether you’re a beginner or an advanced diver, they have courses tailored to your needs.
Ideal Time to Visit Andaman for Scuba Diving
The best time to plan your visit to the Andaman Islands, especially for scuba diving and snorkeling, is between October and March.
During this period, the weather is pleasant, with temperatures ranging between 20°C to 30°C, creating ideal conditions for exciting water sports activities.
However, it is advisable to avoid visiting during the monsoon season, which occurs from June to September, due to heavy rainfall that may disrupt travel plans.
How to Reach Andaman
Air Travel to Andaman
To reach the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, you can choose either air or sea travel options.
The fastest and most convenient way is to take a flight from major cities like Kolkata, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
The Veer Savarkar International Airport in Port Blair is the primary airport connecting the islands with mainland India. The flight duration is approximately 2.5 hours.
Sea Travel to Andaman
Alternatively, for those who prefer sea travel, regular ships depart from Kolkata, Chennai, and Vishakhapatnam/Vizag to Port Blair.
The journey duration varies, taking around 3-4 days from these ports to reach Port Blair at the Haddo Wharf.
Other Exciting Water Activities in Andaman
Apart from scuba diving, the Andaman Islands offer an array of water activities for adventure enthusiasts:
- Snorkeling: Immerse yourself in the vibrant coral reefs and marine life of the Andaman Islands by indulging in snorkeling. This activity requires no special training or equipment, making it accessible to all.
- Kayaking: Discover the beauty of the islands’ mangrove creeks and pristine beaches through kayaking, an eco-friendly and enjoyable way to explore.
- Sea Walking: Embark on a unique underwater experience by walking on the seabed wearing a specialized helmet that supplies air. It requires no prior experience or training, allowing anyone to explore the magical underwater world.
- Parasailing: Marvel at the breathtaking views of the Andaman Islands from high above while being towed by a boat attached to a parachute. Parasailing promises an exhilarating adventure.
- Banana Boat Rides: Share unforgettable moments with your friends and family by riding an inflatable banana-shaped boat towed by a speedboat, offering thrills and laughter.
- Sport Fishing or Angling: Enjoy the thrill of sport fishing in the abundant waters surrounding the Andaman Islands. Catch fish like tuna, barracuda, sailfish, and more, all while taking in the picturesque surroundings.
With its stunning beaches, remarkable marine life, and a plethora of water activities, the Andaman and Nicobar Islands provide the perfect getaway for scuba diving enthusiasts. From the best beaches for diving to other exciting water adventures, Andaman offers an unforgettable experience for every adventure seeker. Plan your trip accordingly, keeping in mind the ideal time to visit and the various travel options available to reach this tropical paradise.